Sunday, June 21, 2009

happy father's day!

thankfully, mary adelyn fully recovered from the stomach bug and we were able to celebrate byron's first father's day--with a nice brunch, a trip to best buy, and some good front porch sitting.

since mary adelyn is not yet able to type (well, or talk really), i thought i'd pass along what i'm sure she is very thankful for.

thank you daddy,

for bringing me home from the hospital safely. very, very safely at 5 mph.

IMG_5111

for showing me off at my first thanksgiving

IMG_5144

for volunteering to do the night shift

IMG_5271

for teaching me how to tailgate for my first georgia game

IMG_5160

for explaining to me in detail the meaning of Christmas

MA and Daddy

for styling my hair

IMG_6164

for keeping me entertained

IMG_6831

for taking me on my first trip to athens and telling walker to keep his hands to himself

IMG_6711

for making sure you always have plenty of kisses for me

IMG_7430-1

for giving me my good looks AND sharing your very own baby clothes

IMG_7587

thank you byron, for being a wonderful daddy to all of our girls. we are so thankful you are ours.

IMG_7610

yes, delia's eyes are closed. dangit. and yes, layla was given a treat afterwards--she immediately lost her attitude.

2 comments:

House of Partridge said...

What a GREAT posting! Congrats on your fab dad!
~Vicki

Emily S said...

Ames,
That was sweet...and yes I did tear up!
Love you guys,
Em

Post a Comment